The Ward Firm in Sacramento, California, provides quality representation to clients who have personal injury cases. Every client who works with us will work directly with our founding attorney, Justin L. Ward. Justin will handle all of the important work in your case, and you will be able to contact him whenever you have questions about your claims.
Before starting our firm, Justin handled personal injury cases for insurance defense companies, so he knows how they will approach your case. He will put his skills to work for you and create an aggressive approach that helps you protect your claims.
Regardless of your situation, we know that this is a very confusing time for you. You may never have needed to talk to an attorney, and you might be unsure of what the future holds. Our goal is to make you comfortable with the process, and we will be your advocate at each step. We represent clients in many personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents. If another driver committed a dangerous moving violation, hit you while driving under the influence of alcohol, or was texting behind the wheel and caused your accident, a personal injury claim can hold them accountable for this negligent and reckless behavior. Car accidents are the leading cause of personal injury lawsuits in the United States. Our firm has handled many motor vehicle claims on behalf of our Sacramento clients over the years.
- Truck/big rig accidents. Motor vehicle accidents involving large commercial trucks are not only more damaging than typical passenger vehicle accidents but also often involve more complicated questions of liability. If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, we can help you determine the party or parties liable for your injuries.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists have very little protection during accidents. They often suffer life-threatening injuries when drivers of larger vehicles do not notice them and cause accidents. Our team can help you fully explore the potential damages available from a motorcycle accident personal injury claim.
- Uninsured motorist claims. Unfortunately, California has one of the highest statewide rates of uninsured and underinsured drivers. If the driver responsible for your recent accident does not have insurance or enough insurance to compensate you for your losses, your Sacramento personal injury attorney can help you explore additional options for legal recourse.
- Boating accidents. Enjoying time on the water can easily be cut short by the negligence of others. If a negligent party caused any type of boating accident that resulted in injuries and economic losses in the Sacramento area, our team will help you determine if any maritime laws apply in your case and help you maximize your recovery.
- Accidents resulting in serious injuries such as paralysis or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Some injuries are so severe they result in permanent damage or leave the victim unable to communicate or care for themselves. If you or a loved one suffered an extreme injury like a traumatic brain injury or spinal injury that resulted in full or partial paralysis, you can rest assured your Sacramento personal injury lawyer at the Ward Firm will handle your case with the utmost compassion and seriousness.
- Slip-and-fall accidents. Did a property owner recently fail in their duty to ensure their premises were safe for you to visit? If you suffered an injury while lawfully present on another party’s property due to a safety issue they should have recognized and solved, you can file a premises liability claim with the assistance of your Sacramento personal injury attorney.
- Funeral home negligence. Funeral service providers in the Sacramento area have a duty to treat your loved one’s remains with respect and dignity. If a funeral home was negligent in the handling of any aspect of a loved one’s recent death, our firm will help you explore all of your available legal options.
- Dog/animal attacks. California upholds strict liability rules when it comes to unprovoked attacks from dogs. If a dog recently injured you, the owner is liable for your damages regardless of whether they knew the dog had any chance of being aggressive.
- Security guard negligence. Security guards serve to protect many different places open to the public. If a security guard failed to perform their duties and an intruder committed violence against you, stole your belongings, or committed other crimes against your person and property, a Sacramento personal injury attorney can potentially help you build a negligent security lawsuit against the guard and their employer to recover your damages.
- Civil rights violations or Section 1983 claims. Every American citizen enjoys many unalienable Constitutional and civil rights. If you believe you recently suffered any type of civil rights violation, you need a Sacramento personal injury attorney to review your claim. We handle civil rights cases as well as Section 1983 claims for those who suffer civil rights violations from parties operating under the color of California law.
- Wrongful death. Sometimes, personal injury results in the death of the victim. If your loved one recently died to the negligence of another party, our firm can help you pursue a wrongful death claim against the liable party. These claims work similarly to personal injury lawsuits with a few key exceptions, such as additional rules regarding who may file claims and the types of damages available from successful wrongful death claims.
Many people think they can handle their personal injury case without the assistance of an attorney. They get what they believe to be a fair offer from the insurance companies and decide to settle their case. What they fail to realize is that these offers are often substantially lower than the actual value of their claims.
As your law firm, we are committed to helping you recover maximum compensation. We do not take an insurance company’s first offer and walk away from your case. We are going to work hard until you receive an offer that is in your best interests. If this does not happen, we have been ready for trial from the moment we first started on your case.
A personal injury lawsuit has the goal of securing the compensation a victim of negligence needs to recoup their losses caused by the negligence in question. It’s possible for one or more parties to be liable for a personal injury plaintiff’s damages in some cases, and the court will divide liability accordingly based on the facts in play. When it comes to your personal injury claim in Sacramento, one of the first things your Sacramento personal injury lawyer will do is determine the full scope of your claimable damages. These damages may include:
- Coverage for all of the medical expenses you incurred due to the defendant’s negligence. You can claim hospital bills, the cost of necessary medications and medical devices, and the cost of ongoing care as long as those expenses resulted directly from the defendant’s negligence.
- Property damage, such as the repair or replacement cost of your vehicle after an accident, fire damage to your home, or stolen personal valuables resulting from a negligent security issue.
- Your lost wages. If your injury forced you to remain in the hospital or at home unable to work for an extended period, you can claim the wages you would have earned during that time as damages in your lawsuit. Additionally, you can claim compensation for your lost future earning potential if a defendant’s behavior caused a permanent disability that has left you completely unable to work in the future.
- Pain and suffering compensation. The state of California typically allows plaintiffs to claim compensation for physical pain and emotional trauma caused by negligence. A Sacramento personal injury attorney can help you determine what kind of pain and suffering compensation might be realistic for your claim.
Ultimately, any financial losses you incurred as a result of another party’s negligent behavior could become damages in your personal injury claim. California places a two-year statute of limitations on personal claims, and this time limit starts on the date an injury occurs or when a victim discovers harm done to them by another’s negligence. It’s essential to meet with a Sacramento personal injury lawyer at your earliest opportunity to discuss your claim to preserve the freshness of available evidence and gather available documentation as quickly as possible.