On behalf of The Ward Firm on Thursday, September 19, 2019.
A motor vehicle accident can occur at virtually any given moment, and dealing with the fallout of a crash can be a harrowing process. If involved in a crash while out on California roads, even if the incident appears relatively minor, it could still leave you facing extensive repair bills and ruin your plans for the day.
Should you walk away from the incident feeling, for the most part, unscathed, it may still be in your best interests to seek medical attention. Some of the most common accident injuries don’t always manifest with symptoms immediately, and an injury such as whiplash could leave you with long-term or permanent damage.
- Neck and shoulder pain: The rapid back-and-forth motion that commonly occurs during a collision could leave you with severe pain in the neck and shoulders, which may indicate the presence of a whiplash injury.
- Extremities: Whiplash injuries can also cause you to experience numbness or tingling in your extremities, and in some cases, these sensations could persist for extended periods.>
- Head injury: Headaches are another common symptom of a whiplash injury, and in some cases, similar symptoms could indicate the presence of deeper concerns, such as a traumatic brain injury.
- Loss of memory: In some cases, whiplash injuries could also lead to issues with concentration and loss of memory, and addressing these concerns immediately is advisable.
- Back pain: Suffering whiplash during a collision could also leave you with lower back pain, and similar types of injury could affect your life in various ways.
Although a similar type of injury can take time to develop symptoms, the consequences that can accompany whiplash could still have a major impact on your well-being.
After a crash
If another party’s actions cause a major collision that leaves you with serious injuries, you might be wondering about the next steps to take to seek restitution. Since the civil justice system can be challenging to navigate, it could be in your best interests to speak with someone with experience in such matters. This type of advice could prove essential to preparing you to pursue the full amount of restitution entitled through a personal injury claim and allowing you to enter the recovery period with peace of mind.